How do I describe what I want to say?
I try to think of the little mercies in my life at the moment, and I come up blank.
Blessings..... well that is a long list. Focusing on these blessing is the only thing that will get me through this path that God has laid before me. A path I would not have chosen to walk again. Maybe these blessings are my little mercies.
Around this time of year, everyone looks forward to being showered with gifts, but all I need.... I already have. I want lots of things, but none of these are available in stores or on line.
I know we tend to say what we are thankful for around Thanksgiving, but maybe if we would start to remind ourselves of the many blessing in our lives on a daily basis, our outlook on the little inconveniences in life would change. So here's a start:
-I'm thankful for my husband and the way that he provides for me, and tries to make all my dreams come true. Even if they seem so out of reach.
-I'm thankful for my brothers and sister-in-laws. Although we may bug each other, and joke around, I know that without them in my life, I would be so bored, and empty. I love them.
-I'm thankful for my niece, whom I love so much, it brings me to tears. (All those upcoming nieces and nephews..... ooooo I can't wait!!!)
-I am thankful for my Dad..... how do I describe what he means to me..... no matter what He is always there. Helping, supporting, everything. This man amazes me. His strength and faith through his life, undescribable!! There is no man on earth like him.
There are so many more things in my life to be thankful for, the list would go on forever.
So this is my challenge for myself..... I will not allow life to bring me down, because who is the provider of all these blessings and little mercies in my life, my Lord and Saviour. I put my joy in him, because everything else in my life can fade. Electronics get out dated, renovations on our house have to be completed at one point, and my family members get called to kneel at God's feet in his amazing Glory.
I will learn to dance in Rain. There may be tears in my eyes, but I will dance.
"I pray God may open your eyes and let you see what hidden treasures he bestows on us in the trials from which the world thinks only to flee." John of Avila
No comments:
Post a Comment