Yesterday marks 1 month........ It feels like yesterday. I'm so happy I got to give her a hug, and tell her I loved her. Oh how I miss her.
I honestly thought that Christmas this year was going to suck! I cried like a baby as I decorated for Christmas. My favorite decorations were given to me by Linda and my dad, on my birthday. She always seemed to find things in the mall, and knew I would just love it! But, this year, I will remember her, and cherish her. I had five years with the only other woman on this earth, that I would ever call mom, and they were the best five years of my life.
Just to remember a few of the more significant ones:
When I had decided to go to Australia for bible school, she was right there supporting me. She helped me get ready, and always encouraged me. My dad was going to ask her to marry him while I was gone, so he took me to see the ring a couple days before. He was SOOOOO excited, I just couldn't help but love her right away. I actually took my two week break from school, and flew back for their wedding in Manitoba, and it was so worth it!
When I met Frank..... well that was interesting all around. Linda was so excited for us. And when Frank asked me to marry him, She helped me with everything. We went and picked flowers together, bridesmaid dresses, she even took me wedding dress shopping with my girls, and I loved it. Actually throughout the whole process, I didn't miss my mom. That was the one thing that always worried me when I was growing up. Who was going to do up my wedding dress when I got married?? Linda all the way, and she was the best! My pictures with her on my wedding are so much more precious to me. My mom was there, it was Linda.
Anyway, this Christmas we are going to do something different. We are not going to buy gifts for each other, as it just seems so stupid after the past month. Instead, we are going to help a family that our church has brought to our attention. Very unfortunate circumstances around what is supposed to be such a great time to spend together. What a great opportunity. I'll have to write more about it as the project progresses, but for now I will leave it at that.
What is the "Spirit of Christmas?" It's definitely not about giving gifts to each other, that will probably be outdated in about a month. It's not about spending time with family and enjoying good food.
God gave us an extremely important and special gift, and what are we doing with it? Is it a gift that we give away to MCC because the bigger and better version came out? So this year, I will remember the many blessings I have in life, and I will give someone else a great Christmas, because I have way more than I need.
I just have had such a strong conviction in the past two months, that it's about time I start living my faith, and time to be proud of the person that only Christ has formed me into. Other's can know that same joy, and peace that only comes from our heavenly Father, and it's about time I start spreading it.
So who's with me?!
PS. maybe next time I'll explain the title of my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment