So I have been listening to this one song all day long.... it was posted by my friend on facebook, and I can't stop listening to it. It is called "I Wonder" by Leeland, and it brings me to tears.....
At the stars in the night, I wonder
At Your lightning in the sky, I shudder
Your glory is a blanket that covers
Every living thing
I’m in awe at the majesty of who You are
Your love is a seal burnt inside my heart
All of the day I want to be where You are
Holy Father
And it feels like there’s not enough praise inside of me
With all these words, all my heart can sing is holy
You are holy
Jesus Christ
You bled Your love, laid down Yourself
And gave me life
In naked shame You hung and You were lifted high
Here I lay in awe and wonder
I am afraid
For no one’s ever sacrificed and loved me this way
So on my face I fall under Your heavy grace
Here I lay in awe and wonder
And I wonder
I’m in awe at the majesty of who You are
Your love is a seal burnt inside my heart
All of the day I want to be where You are
Holy Father
And it feels like there’s not enough praise inside of me
With all these words, all my heart can sing is holy
You are holy
Ok, so humor me.....
You might have heard this story, but I'm going to say it again...
A father who works for the railway, is in charge of opening and closing the bridge for the trains, and ships. One day he brings his son to work with him, and tells him to go play. His young son being curious, and imaginative as he is, goes and plays around the bridge that the trains cross over.
As a train approaches, the father calls to his son to come see the bridge go down to allow the train to cross. As his father calls, he hears his son crying. His son has gotten himself stuck in the gears of the bridge, and his father tries, but can't get him out. The father has just realized his dilema: he does not have enough time to free his son and get the bridge down in time to save all the passengers on the train...... And now he has to choose. He can sacrifice his son for the good of hundreds, or he can sacrifice hundreds to save his sons life......
With tears in his eyes he watches the bridge go down, and the train cross over.....
Now lets say you were on that train, and you heard of the sacrifice that this man had to make for your sake. Would you not want to investigate such a man, or learn more about him?? Would you not want to know if there was some truth to the story?? After all, he sacrificed his only son for you.......
So whether you are a christian or not, the act in which this song talks about, should make you wonder....
No comments:
Post a Comment