Tuesday, 31 January 2012

A relatable God

When going through life, there are times (like the present) where I tend to think, "How can you, Almight God, allow something like this to happen to me." Especially considering He is the one pulling the strings, and from my perspective, it's easy to be the one pulling the strings, if you don't have to actually go through it. But this is bad logic......

Christ is probably the one person who can relate to me the best. As far as my life is concerned..... Christ went through the same situations.

For instance, some things I have not enjoyed about my life.....
- My mom dying
- Being bullied in school
- Being made fun of
- The loss of friends due to bad situations
- the difficulty of walking the path God has laid out for you.

There are so many more but lets just focus on these for now. Christs' life on earth included these things.
Going in order:
- Jesus' friend Lazarus died. In the bible it talks about Jesus spending time with him and his sisters, and how he was saddened by his death.
- Throughout his whole life, Christ was under constant pressure. I consider being pushed into a garbage can bad, but Jesus was brutally beaten, spat on, and every move was being watched. He was constantly under suspicion, and many, even his own people, hated him.
- Jesus was mocked. That is very clear. As Jesus went to be crucified, and had a crown of thorns placed on his head, they mocked his very claim of being the Son of God.
-Christ's own Friend Judas, betrayed him, for a small amount of money. After everything they had been through together, and the many miracles he witnessed Christ perform, he still traded him in. How extremely depressing is that!!! For someone who followed the son of God around for years, witnessed his life, he was drawn earthly things, and the desire for money.
- Lastly, Christ knew how hard it is to walk the path laid out for you by God. Before He was betrayed, Christ prayed, if there was a way for God to take this cup from him, but he accepted God's will, and walked that path. With amazing Grace I might add. I'm not very graceful when I suffer!

Not only did Christ go through all of these things in his life, but He did it for ME! I don't know about you, but I would not be very willing to go through all of that crap, for people who hated me..... but Christ did! That is what is so unbelievable.

So here is to a God that understands me, and KNOWS (100%)...... I can make it through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment